To ensure you are at ease with the programme contents and structure, we would like to highlight a few important points:
- Sessions are run by trained Leaders. Please do not hesitate to discuss any concerns you may have about your child with the Leader or Centre Manager.
- All staff are responsible for maintaining safety and guiding both you and your child throughout the session.
Parents are actively involved in the Gymbabes, Tumble Tots Walking-2 years and 2-3 years sessions. We ask that you work directly with your own child to fully understand and enjoy the benefits of the programme. You can best do this in the following ways:
- Support your child by holding the back of his/her Tumble Tots T-shirt. Avoid holding his/her hands as these need to be free for climbing and to aid balance.
- Children quickly gain confidence when allowed to solve their own problems. It is vital however, that you remain alert at all times to support and encourage where necessary.
- In the Tumble Tots 3-School Age and Gymbobs sessions, the children participate without an adult. On some occasions, particularly if a child is new to the class it may be necessary for a parent to sit in during the first few sessions. As a safety requirement, siblings who are not participating in the session must keep off the equipment at all times.
- Please do not allow your child on the equipment outside class times.
- All Tumble Tots and Gymbobs should wear their T-shirts to sessions as this instils a real sense of being part of the Tumble Tots club.
- Bare feet are best for Tumble Tots. Please ensure that suitable leg-wear is worn to allow free movement.
- Braces and jewellery should not be worn by children whilst involved in sessions. Hair should be tied back, again for safety.
- We suggest that parents/guardians wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Please, do not wear high heels or stilettos as they can damage little hands and feet as well as our equipment.
- It is important to arrive on time for the start of the class as this allows your child to feel fully involved from the beginning.
- Birthdays are given special attention, so please help us to ensure your child enjoys this experience by telling the Leader when you arrive.